Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A conversation across the table with a wise man is better than ten years mere study of books.

Last night, I had a four hour conversation with someone I do not know very well, and it was more fulfilling than so many other conversations I have had with my closest friends in the past year. Hearing this person remember, vent, rejoice, and dream in my presence made me feel honored. So often people take conversations for granted, but if you think about it, they are very important in the development of our lives; to share what you're thinking, especially on the topics of love and success, is a pretty big deal.(I think) Thoughts are valuable, incredible things grow out of ideas, and I don't think people realize it takes a certain amount of trust to truly talk to another being.

My wish for you, the reader, whoever you are, is to have a real conversation this week...I hope you, or someone you care about opens up to a trusted friend, and says what you've been wanting to say for so long, but didn't think you would find anyone to listen. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment