Saturday, January 29, 2011

I don't forget easily


I don't expect all the people that read this to have the same political or spiritual beliefs that I do, but since it's my blog,I'm gonna say how I feel and what I believe. In no way do you have to agree completely with me, that's one thing I've learned is so crucial in society--independent thinking.

Today as I was standing in the mist and the rain, surrounded by strangers, and a favorite soul, I was nestled in between two hills covered in forest, and I felt a serge of hope. I don't quite know what brought it on...Maybe cuz I felt happy, maybe because I was in the middle of manicured, natural beauty. Whatever it was, it gave me a boost, and Lord knows I've been needing a boost. That boost and hope got me thinkin' about our President. I was such an Obama girl back in the day when I first learned about him, just some senator with a huge dream that I believed in. His whole campaign was "hope", "yes we can" "equality" "change". Change. I hate that word because so many times in my life "change" has meant "loss". But with Obama, change meant being a free country again...least that's what I got out of it.

I watch the State of the Union, and re-read articles from the times before Obama was elected...when he was just a Senator with a dream. The whole country was so on board, and so positive about it. We were hopeful...but I feel like it has faded. After 9/11 this country was united in brotherhood and loyalty, but that flame slowly died out, too. It's still in me, but what I guess I'm trying to say is, how can I, a single person in the boonies of Idaho start a movement to change the face of this planet? Of this country? Hell, even of this state?

My friend Aruba just told me,

"...the change you want to see in the world must start with the change you start in you.."

I'll do what I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment